Friday, February 16, 2007

Budget for better lives

Today's challenge:
Make a budget. Pay-day will be coming around soon and that means we have to pay bills, buy gifts for loved ones and buy groceries, but what about helping someone who desperately needs it. Today, I would like to encourage you. As you sit down to figure out how to manage your money wisely, consider putting aside 5-15 dollars a month to pledge to a charity of your choice. Maybe there's a specific crisis that you're interested in ( e.g. the Darfur genocide, the Iraqi mothers and children, the aids epidemic in Africa, or a cause in your home town), help those affected by giving a minute percentage of your income to improve their lives. Today's challenge is different from Sunday's because it involves making a conscious choice to provide consistent support. I'm going to make my budget today...good luck with yours!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely think a budget would be good for me. Right now I kind of fly by the seat of my pants and God has blessed me by meeting my needs, but it's about time I start meeting the needs of others.

Teri said...

Aww, I wish you had left your name. No matter. This idea came to mind the other day and I just had to share it. Good luck with the budget. God bless.

Unknown said...

Madam where is today's blog?! lol lol! anyhow lata chicka.

Love ya lots

The Black Planeteer said...

What a great idea. I've been slacking on getting involved with the Darfur crisis. Thanks for the cybershake.